By Gavin D'Costa
- Timely and obtainable, this publication tackles the query of why the truth, and power, of alternative religions has develop into a problem for Christianity
- Makes a decisive contribution to debates concerning the conflict among Islam and the West, arguing that the most important probability to spiritual freedoms come from secularism, and that Islam and Christianity either have the assets to enhance a colourful and pluralist public sq.; one educated by means of highbrow rigor and debate
- Considers the broader factor of ways modernity has outlined ‘religion’, and gives a considerable critique of secular methods of controlling religions
- Shows how Christianity is particularly compatible to house spiritual plurality on the doctrinal and social level
- Addresses the center matters and describes a few of the solutions which were proposed in recent times – making it a fantastic advent to the sphere, and one that will stimulate rules and discussions
Read or Download Christianity and World Religions: Disputed Questions in the Theology of Religions PDF
Best christian theology books
Karl Barth's enormous paintings, Church Dogmatics, is well-known as a landmark in Protestant theology--perhaps crucial paintings of this century. even though, the scale variety of its fourteen volumes has intended that its content material and value will not be so widely recognized or liked because it merits. during this concise creation, Helmut Gollwitzer presents a variety of a few of an important passages from Church Dogmatics to assist the busy pupil discover the center of the nice paintings; or maybe to direct a scholar to components of the Dogmatics of maximum curiosity.
The seven powers to dwelling at our optimum capability are attributes in our personality, outfitted inside of our being, that we have a tendency to fail to remember in the middle of the chaos. no matter if it really is humans, conditions, or either that try our skill to grasp existence, this e-book will remind you the components of you which are equipped to beat any difficulty you could face.
Lee Hoinacki is the writer of 'El Camino: jogging to Santiago de Compostela' and 'Stumbling towards Justice: tales of Place'. he's the editor, with Carl Mitcham, of 'The demanding situations of Ivan Illich'.
‘Death is inevitable—none folks will get away it. finishing existence with a terminal affliction is a gradual and fairly lonely approach. i'm attracted to the query of why a few nurses decide to paintings within the box of palliative care. i'm person who willingly stepped into the function of being with sufferers at their such a lot susceptible time —when dying turned inevitable.
- Vocation in Christ: Naga Christian Theology in Conversation with Karl Barth
- Reformation Theology: A Systematic Summary
- Christian Political Witness (Wheaton Theology Conference Series)
- Linda in the Light: The Incredible True Story That Will Change Your Life Forever
- Ethics of Hope
Extra resources for Christianity and World Religions: Disputed Questions in the Theology of Religions