By Fotis Lazarinis
Cataloguing and category introduces options and practices in cataloguing and category, and customary library criteria. The ebook introduces and analyzes the rules and buildings of library catalogues, together with the applying of AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 criteria, and conceptual versions reminiscent of ISBD, FRBR and FRAD. The textual content additionally introduces DC, MODS, METS, EAD and VRA center metadata schemes for annotating electronic resources.
- Explains the speculation and perform of bibliographic control
- Offers a pragmatic method of the middle issues of cataloguing and classification
- Includes step by step examples to demonstrate program of the principal cataloguing and type standards
- Describes the hot descriptive cataloguing common RDA, and its conceptual flooring, FRBR and FRAD
- Guides the reader in the direction of cataloguing and classifying fabrics in a electronic environment
Read Online or Download Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards PDF
Similar library & information science books
Comparing Demand-Driven Acquisitions examines fresh learn in demand-driven acquisitions with a view to improve an overview framework particular to demand-driven courses. The chapters during this quantity specialize in the standards and strategies which are used to judge the result of demand-driven courses in learn.
From the present vantage element of the transformation of books and libraries, B. Venkat Mani provides a old account of global literature. by means of finding translation, book, and move alongside routes of “bibliomigrancy”—the actual and digital flow of books—Mani narrates how international literature is coded and recoded as literary works locate new houses on remote bookshelves.
This authoritative advisor to the foundations and perform of files administration in inner most and public zone businesses has been considerably revised. It now presents precise recommendation on adjustments in nationwide and foreign criteria and methods, specifically ISAD(G) (International usual Archival Description) and ISASAR(CPF) (International usual Archive Authority Record).
A desirable and informative learn for librarians, library employees, and MLIS scholars, this ebook deals functional info directions to envision present matters in censorship and libraries whereas additionally allowing readers to think about their very own evaluations approximately highbrow freedom and censorship.
- Activism and the School Librarian: Tools for Advocacy and Survival
- American Journalism: History, Principles, Practices
- Engaging the Senses: Object-Based Learning in Higher Education
- The Readers' Advisory Handbook (ALA Readers' Advisory)
Extra resources for Cataloguing and Classification: An introduction to AACR2, RDA, DDC, LCC, LCSH and MARC 21 Standards