By Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen
Beyond Mentoring: A advisor for Librarians and knowledge Professionals appears at mentorship, mentorship courses, what works, what doesn’t, and diversified strategies, comparable to workforce and peer mentoring. The ebook considers many features of mentoring, a number of courses, and their successes and screw ups, going past the standard sorts of mentoring via more moderen versions.
An instance of the cohort version from the yankee Library organization rising chief version is incorporated as a case learn. moreover, one other case research at the Sunshine country management Institute offers a toolkit for development your individual application.
The ultimate portion of the booklet deals views and instruments that folks can use in designing their very own courses.
- Provides case experiences and views from librarians who've been considering mentoring programs
- Describes software forms that transcend conventional mentoring, together with peer-to-peer and cohort or crew mentoring
- Gives useful suggestion to assist readers observe most sensible practices to their very own situations
- Offers a hands-on viewpoint of this system layout process
Read or Download Beyond Mentoring: A Guide for Librarians and Information Professionals PDF
Similar library & information science books
Comparing Demand-Driven Acquisitions examines fresh study in demand-driven acquisitions with a view to boost an review framework particular to demand-driven courses. The chapters during this quantity specialize in the standards and strategies which are used to guage the result of demand-driven courses in study.
From the present vantage aspect of the transformation of books and libraries, B. Venkat Mani offers a historic account of global literature. via finding translation, ebook, and stream alongside routes of “bibliomigrancy”—the actual and digital circulation of books—Mani narrates how international literature is coded and recoded as literary works locate new houses on remote bookshelves.
This authoritative consultant to the foundations and perform of documents administration in deepest and public zone businesses has been considerably revised. It now presents special recommendation on adjustments in nationwide and overseas criteria and methods, specifically ISAD(G) (International normal Archival Description) and ISASAR(CPF) (International usual Archive Authority Record).
A desirable and informative learn for librarians, library employees, and MLIS scholars, this booklet deals sensible info directions to ascertain present concerns in censorship and libraries whereas additionally permitting readers to contemplate their very own critiques approximately highbrow freedom and censorship.
- The Role of Information Professionals in the Knowledge Economy: Skills, Profile and a Model for Supporting Scientific Production and Communication (Chandos Information Professional)
- Dragons in the Stacks: A Teen Librarian's GUide to Tabletop Role-Playing (Libraries Unlimited Professional Guides for Young Adult Librarians Series)
- Serious Illness in the Classroom: An Educator's Resource
- Diary of a Dream: A History of the National Archives Independence Movement, 1980-1985
- The Closing of American Library Schools: Problems and Opportunities (Contributions in Librarianship & Information Science)
- Investigator's Guide to Steganography
Additional info for Beyond Mentoring: A Guide for Librarians and Information Professionals