By Markham J. Geller
- Represents the 1st review of Babylonian drugs using cuneiform resources, together with records of court docket letters, scientific recipes, and commentaries written via historic scholars
- Attempts to reconcile the ways that drugs and magic have been related
- Assigns authorship to varied forms of clinical literature that have been formerly thought of anonymous
- Rejects the procedure of alternative students that experience tried to use smooth diagnostic how you can old illnesses
Read Online or Download Ancient Babylonian Medicine: Theory and Practice (Ancient Cultures) PDF
Similar ancient history books
From the Iliad to Aristophanes, from the gospel of Matthew to Augustine, Greek and Latin texts are constellated with descriptive photos of goals. This cultural heritage of goals in antiquity attracts on either modern post-Freudian technology and cautious opinions of the traditional texts. Harris takes an elusive topic and writes approximately it with rigor and precision, reminding us of specificities, contexts, and altering attitudes via historical past.
Devotion to faith was once the distinguishing attribute of the Etruscan humans, the main robust civilization of Italy within the Archaic interval. From a really early date, Etruscan faith unfold its effect into Roman society, specially with the perform of divination. The Etruscan priest Spurinna, to offer a well known instance, warned Caesar to watch out the Ides of March.
Anunnaki: fake Gods extends Zecharia Sitchin's translations from clay capsules that underlie the Bible. 10,000 years in the past, scribes in historic Sumer (Iraq) wrote on those pills what they acknowledged the Anunnaki gods (tall humans from the sky) dictated. Sitchin requested Dr. Lessin maintain public realization on his legacy via developing an instructional software.
Herod: King of the Jews and pal of the Romans examines the existence, paintings, and impact of this debatable determine, who continues to be the main hugely obvious of the Roman buyer kings below Augustus. Herod’s rule formed the realm during which Christianity arose and his impression can nonetheless be obvious this day. during this increased moment variation, additions to the unique textual content contain dialogue of the archaeological proof of Herod’s job, his development application, numismatic facts, and attention of the jobs and actions of different shopper kings with regards to Herod.
- Strabo of Amasia: A Greek Man of Letters in Augustan Rome
- Campus Martius: The Field of Mars in the Life of Ancient Rome
- Krieg in der Antike (German Edition)
- Religion und Städtekonkurrenz: Zum politischen und kulturellen Kontext von Pausanias' "Periegese" (Millennium-Studien / Millennium Studies): Zum ... von Pausanias' "Periegese" (German Edition)
Additional info for Ancient Babylonian Medicine: Theory and Practice (Ancient Cultures)