By Andrew Zissos
- Includes contributions from over dozen Classical stories students equipped into six thematic sections
- Illustrates how fiscal, social, and cultural forces interacted to create a number of social worlds inside of a composite Roman empire
- Concludes with a sequence of appendices that offer specified chronological and demographic details and an in depth thesaurus of terms
- Examines the Flavian Age extra commonly and inclusively than ever prior to incorporating insurance of frequently ignored teams, comparable to ladies and non-Romans in the Empire
Read or Download A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best ancient history books
From the Iliad to Aristophanes, from the gospel of Matthew to Augustine, Greek and Latin texts are constellated with descriptive pictures of goals. This cultural heritage of desires in antiquity attracts on either modern post-Freudian technology and cautious reviews of the traditional texts. Harris takes an elusive topic and writes approximately it with rigor and precision, reminding us of specificities, contexts, and altering attitudes via heritage.
Devotion to faith was once the distinguishing attribute of the Etruscan humans, the main robust civilization of Italy within the Archaic interval. From a really early date, Etruscan faith unfold its effect into Roman society, particularly with the perform of divination. The Etruscan priest Spurinna, to provide a widely known instance, warned Caesar to watch out the Ides of March.
Anunnaki: fake Gods extends Zecharia Sitchin's translations from clay capsules that underlie the Bible. 10,000 years in the past, scribes in historical Sumer (Iraq) wrote on those pills what they acknowledged the Anunnaki gods (tall humans from the sky) dictated. Sitchin requested Dr. Lessin retain public cognizance on his legacy by way of developing an academic application.
Herod: King of the Jews and pal of the Romans examines the existence, paintings, and impact of this debatable determine, who continues to be the main hugely obvious of the Roman buyer kings less than Augustus. Herod’s rule formed the realm during which Christianity arose and his effect can nonetheless be obvious this present day. during this accelerated moment variation, additions to the unique textual content contain dialogue of the archaeological facts of Herod’s task, his development application, numismatic facts, and attention of the jobs and actions of different patron kings relating to Herod.
- Engaging Early Christian History: Reading Acts in the Second Century (Bibleworld)
- Die Stadt- und Provinzialverwaltung im römischen Köln (German Edition)
- In moerassen en donkere wouden (Dutch Edition)
- Die Politik des Alkibiades. Zwischen persönlicher Ambition und sachgemäßer Orientierung (German Edition)
Extra info for A Companion to the Flavian Age of Imperial Rome (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)